Monday, December 19, 2011

You have to take the good with the bad.

2011 was indeed a roller-coaster. Not only was 2011 one of the best years of my life, it was easily the worst as well.

This year was tough. Schoolwork was a reason, being my nostalgic self was another. I am a really sentimental person and I live in the past more than in the present. But replaying memories in my head did me no good at all. I had my "emo phase" some time in July as I just couldn't move on from the 2010 memories. Desperately trying to make things return to the way they once were in 2010, I ended up confused and emotionally distraught.  I constantly found myself trying to identify who I was and my ultimate purpose in life. I questioned life and the need to go through what I was facing then. Had millions of H2H talks, cried buckets. As grueling as this year went, looking back at it now I actually feel accomplished and more mature. I grew not only mentally, but spiritually too. I discovered a lot about myself and I also managed to get over a lot of issues that once caused my sleepless nights. Well what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, no?

It's amazing how I managed to pull through this year. Of course, I couldn't have survived without the few people who were always there to give me moral support :-) I guess we are quite easily identified in school. The noisiest clique with the angmoh girl, always laughing like they own the whole school hmm? Unlike other cliques, we never had much to quarrel about, even though there were a few mini bickers here and there, they were quickly resolved. We laughed together, cried together, sang together, had fun together, went through tough times together. I honestly cannot imagine 2011 without them. I'd probably still be dwelling in my issues. It is a blessing when you have friends who know every flaw you possess and still love you for who you are. When you give them shit and they still give you their love and concern in return. When they give the best advice you can possibly expect from someone you only knew for a few years.

Another group of people I can never be more thankful for is my class. We're a really fun and noisy bunch :p They are the reason why I could bring myself to go to school everyday. Without them, school would have been a drag. We had haters, we had problems, we had disappointments. But somehow, we managed to be ever so positive and encouraging :') It's safe to say that we're one of the happiest classes in this level. Their company throughout this whole year was a sheer delight. There's just so much I can say about my class. I love you 3D minions! Special love to Kim, Ron, Sof, Lauren, Shing, Gab, Mae, Dwee and Jo ♥♥



So was 2011 a good year or not? 

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

It was a mixed blessing.

Yeah, there were depressing moments and times when I just felt like giving up. But then, I also had people who were always behind me, supporting me. Not forgetting how they also made my 2011 amazing :-) And if it hadn't for those setbacks, I wouldn't have gotten to know them like how I know them now. Without those bad times, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the good times fully!





Alrighty till then,
fang rong xx


No comments:

Post a Comment